Become a Member
We researched all of the main art platforms out there and listened to people’s frustration with them. We then put our heads together to come up with what we think is the ultimate art platform, specifically for all things art in Yorkshire.
Yorkshire Art is a platform created by artists for artists.
Profit is not our ultimate goal, (don’t get us wrong financial sustainability is a must) but first and foremost is our desire to truly celebrate, support and raise the visibility of all the wonderful artists, galleries and art companies that exist in this gloriously creative region.
We do that in a number of ways, but where we really give our all is to our members.
We wanted to make joining Yorkshire Art a no brainer, so we put our thinking caps on and set about creating a membership package that really meets the needs of artists, galleries and art companies in Yorkshire.
In a nutshell, being a member of Yorkshire Art offers you a way to increase your visibility and reach a larger audience with your artwork than ever before.
What you get
A full profile on our website
- Fully editable and updatable by you (not tech savvy? Don’t worry we’ll train you up or do it for you!)
- Your profile has space for you to share and sell artwork and prints, detail any events or exhibitions you have going on and showcase yourself and your work.
Inclusion in our quarterly Magazine and Yorkshire Art Exhibitions
- Once a quarter we publish a full colour, 100-page Yorkshire Art magazine (launching November 2019). As a member, you will be listed in every issue.
- If you sign up for £10 a month or more, we’ll also do a full feature of you in a forthcoming issue of the magazine.
- If you sign up for £10 a month or more, you’ll also get the opportunity to exhibit in Yorkshire Art exhibitions held throughout the year, which includes exhibition space and the opportunity to have your artwork professionally photographed.
- At a time convenient for you we’ll arrange for our resident art journalist to conduct an over the phone interview about you and your work/business.
- We’ll feature that on our website and promote it far and wide.
- If you sign up for £10 a month or more, we’ll also come and take high quality images of you in your workspace (or your business if you’re not an artist) to accompany the piece we’ll write up for you.
- To see a few examples of what we’re talking about head here and here.
Promotion on social media
- Whatever you are up to in the world of art, just let us know and we’ll promote it across all of our media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, blog, newsletter and on our website)
Discounts across all of our products and services
- When you join you’ll receive a 10% discount code to use in our shop and on any of our services.
Pay What You Can
This is our favourite part – you only ever pay what you can afford.
We are so passionate about supporting art in Yorkshire that we don’t ever want money to be a barrier to joining us. For that reason, you decide what to pay based on your financial circumstances at the time of joining and if your circumstances change, you’re free to lower (or raise!) your contribution.
All profits go back into promoting art in the Yorkshire region so we do ask that you contribute as much as you can. You can choose to make a monthly or an annual payment and you get to choose the the price that feels affordable to you.
If you can’t afford anything right now, then please do get in touch with us as we offer a number of scholarship memberships each year.
We are an inclusive platform and want you involved so please join us.
Take a few moments to reflect on the reality of your financial situation and check in with what you feel you can afford. You can pay any amount you wish, but below are some helpful guidelines:
- £2 a month might work well for you and be what you’re minimally able to contribute right now.
- £5 a month helps us get closer to a sustainable revenue point.
- £10 a month helps us move closer to break-even (this amount and anything above gives you additional perks as detailed above).
- £25 a month really helps us to move beyond break even and to cover our costs.
- £50 a month is really generous and massively helps us to reinvest in our business, as well as helping others become members who otherwise might not be able to afford it. It also allows us to expand our reach and the support we can offer to our members.
To register your interest in becoming a member, simply complete the form below and a member of the team will be in touch with next steps.