Creative England is hosting a two-day online Bootcamp to provide in-depth and practical guidance to help artists manage their finances, tackle debt and plan for growth.
‘Financing Creativity – How to Manage Your Money’ will help attendees to get their finances back on track.
The two day camp will cover vital topics including how to monitor and measure all your business costs, knowing how to manage your finances and debts, how to set your prices to predict healthy profits. industry-leading experts including David Parish who is a creative industries management consultant, WardWilliams Creative, UKBAA and Crowdfunder.
The bootcamp is part of the Advance programme, which is run in partnership with Creative Wakefield, funded by The Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport’s Cultural Development Fund grant, which is administered by Arts Council England
Financing Creativity – How to Manage Your Money
Weds 23rd and Weds 30th June
10am – 5pm
This bootcamp will help you if you’re:
- thinking about setting up a creative business or becoming self employed and you want to understand finance fundamentals like balance sheets, cashflow, budgeting and jargon
- concerned about the current financial status of your business and want to manage debt, improve profitability and plan for stable growth
- interested in accessing finance to help your business growth but don’t know where to start or what’s available to you
What to Expect
- The Bootcamp will take place 10am – 5pm on 23rd and 30th June 2021.
- Attendance at both days is highly recommended to get the most out of this opportunity.
- All participants will receive a resource pack with some helpful templates and information prior to the event.
- We will be conducting an anonymous survey for capturing your main worries and questions to address during the event.
- Homework will be set on Day 1 which is designed to help you apply your learning. Completing the homework will be optional.
- The Bootcamp will take place on Hopin. Joining instructions will be emailed w/c 14th June directly to everyone who registers on Eventbrite.
From 23/06/2021 To 30/06/2021